Sunday, November 6, 2011

Welcome to My Sweet Life.

 So, here's the deal. I'll kindly spare you a boring intro about myself. I mean, let's be honest, you probably already know who I am because I can't imagine anyone other than my family or friends actually reading this (and it's mostly because I forced you). Instead, I'll give you the bullet points:
  •  My name is Sammie.
  • I live in Nashville.
  • I am a teacher by day.
  • Aspiring baker by night.
I have no "formal" baking experience. At all. In fact, I failed my cooking class in high school. I couldn't even make a cake ( there really is a difference between baking soda and baking powder). Yet, for some reason, the baking process brings me such joy. The science behind the precise measurements, the exciting moment when you bite into something you created and find that it doesn't suck all that bad, sharing your masterpieces with others, and finding that they (by some grace of God) enjoy it too....it all gives me an overwhelming sense of pride in myself and purpose in life.

I created this blog to document this adventure I am embarking upon. I'm sure I'll fail, I'm positive I'll make a mess, but I hope that at some point, I will begin to help bring a little sweetness back into this world, one cupcake at a time.
     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment