Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sweet of the Week: Pumpkin Pie Cupcake

I know, I know....sounds a litte ambitious for the first go-round, right? But I was feeling in a rather fall-ish mood today, and I DO love me some pumpkin pie. Here's a little peek at what I was busy doing today:

The ingredients: SUPER simple! All I had to buy was pumpkin puree.

 The dry ingredients. I learned the hard way long ago that yes, you DO have to mix wet/dry separately!

 The wet ingredients. Once blended, whisk in the dry ingredients gradually.

 Ready for the oven! 20 minutes at 350

 Hot out of the oven! Don't worry, it's perfectly normal for them to sink as they cool.

The delicious finished product! I used whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinammon to top of this fabulously fall treat (Because what's pumpkin pie without whipped cream?)

I was so excited with my finished product! It has the "cakey" outside of a cupcake, but the inside is all pie. Perfect for Thanksgiving (and if you're worried about weight, a nice way to control the portion of your dessert!) I cannot claim this recipe as my own, I found this recipe on this blog. Right now, I'm still in the "mastery" phase. Soon I hope to be concocting tasty recipes of my own! Try this one on Turkey Day and I promise you, everyone will be Thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment